Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's already October?

Today, I am sitting on the couch and procrastinating. Though the laundry and my statistical ecology notes call to me to accomplish something, instead I am searching out recipes, crafts, and decorations for autumn. October snuck up on me, and though it's a bit too hot on the bayou to feel the seasons change, all I can think of is falling leaves and apple cider.

    Maybe this looks like a witchy place to spend Halloween,
     but there are definitely no falling leaves in the swamp...

Mrs. B's blog has some lovely kitchen witchery to check out, and if you start the hard apple cider now, it should be ready in plenty of time for Halloween. Plus, she has some fun contests for the 31 Days of Halloween that are worth entering.

If you're trying to figure out what to do with your extra pumpkin guts after carving some lovely jack-o-lanterns, hop over here for some yummy ideas. I also recommend roasting the seeds, which is my favorite thing to do after scooping all the orange goo.

I am in search of excellent (and simple) pregnant halloween costumes. So far, Will and I have considered dressing him like a devil and me like an angel or a nun. So, very played out. I may just get a black shirt and white paint and make a skeleton shirt (with added fetus, of course). 

No comments:

Post a Comment