Friday, January 14, 2011

Birth Plans for Tadpole?

I gave birth to my son at home with a wonderful midwife last year. Every memory I have of his birth makes me happy-even the more difficult parts. Will and I still speak of certain parts and laugh or smile.

With this pregnancy, I'm unsure of what to do. We were planning on moving in May, with me working a job and Will staying home, but I can't work for 4 months and then take maternity leave. Well, I guess I could, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that. So, I guess we'll wait until September or October to move and have the tadpole here. I would love to use our midwife again, but we have to pay out of pocket, and with the move and me not working past May, I'm not sure if we can do it. I mean, we could, but I don't know how financially strapped I want to be.

The other option is to give birth in the hospital (which freaks me out, but I hear one is not bad) with a doula or 2 for support and have the whole thing covered by insurance. I just have to find an OB that I like. I have 2 or so recommendations, so that shouldn't be difficult. I just hate the idea of not remembering tadpole's birth as fondly as Aengus's.

Of course, I have this weird feeling that I'm having twins because I'm still breastfeeding, and if so, I can't give birth at home anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment